HIGH CAMP SNOW CONDITIONS ON SATURDAY










     


HIGH CAMP SNOW MEDITATIONS



SNOW FRAGMENT

Since my return
it is all I can do
to water trees
can’t bear to look
at them
We took snow
for granted
during
those years
of
our
Winter Sleep

Jim Bodeen
6 January 2019


IN THE EARLY MORNING POEMS OF ROBERT BLY

Deer everywhere, in the dense bush
of the beloved, and then,
catching my breath,
becoming a nuisance to neighbors

Further away, in North Dakota,
my father plugs in an electrical cord
from the house to the 51 Plymouth
so it will start in the morning

Even then, my frozen breath
was telling me about the poem

















REXROTH IS ON SKIS

It is late afternoon in the high Sierras
I know this is true because I read it in his poems
It is late afternoon here, too,
in the Goat Rocks Wilderness of the Cascades.
His skis make the quietest tracks in fresh snow.
I’m not as certain about the location of the moon.
Rexroth is not oblivious to the presence of rabbits.

5 January 2019


DESDE EL RANCHO A LAS ALTURAS RODEANDO

Riding the chairlift with the homies
three of them on snowboards, riding,
You must be pretty good by now,
they say. Do you do somersaults?
We laugh, talk about Michoacán
where grandparents and great grandparents live
alongside the banks of Lake Chapala.
We’re all in snow costumes. I say,
Pertenesco a un rancho se llama La Cuestita,
They laugh in disbelief.
They live in Grandview now,
they went to school in Prosser.
When I tell them the name of their history teacher
they don’t know what to believe.

6 January 2019


















MY BROTHER WALKING AGAIN

Grief enters this time
as a better friend. Stories
from the baseball field



















Jim Bodeen
High Camp, Goat Rocks, White Pass, Washington State
7 January 2019





No comments:

Post a Comment