POST TO MY NEIGHBOR REGARDING THE TI LEAF LEI
--for Nicole
--I thought everybody had read
The Breakdown of the Bicameral Brain
Nicole Papagiorgio
After refrigerating the leis, taking notes
on your visit, I wrapped them around
the Iwakura Stone in the garden, called
my brother, the coach, who has Polynesian
instincts, and gave him one. Research
turned into prayer: survival food in canoes.
Merton spoke to me calling trees
the perfect image of God. There’s Mark.
I wrote the story of the Ti Leaf
on the inside panel of a street sign asking
that it protect witnesses from harm.
I wrapped the lei around the 4-panel sign.
I photographed the lei, carrying it back
to the Iwakura stone and wrapped it
around this Suiseki Stone I discovered
in the Spokane River. Stay with me,
Nicole. Today I sliced off the lei
end beginning a palimpsest
on the street sign. This lei
does honest work. On this post card
as well, thinking of other deep listeners
like you, wishing you well.
Jim
16 August 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment