PEACE POSTERS FOR UKRAINE

 



PEACE POSTERS FOR UKRAINE


Call these new posters, The Part for the Whole.

Cardboard for this one came from medicine

on ice. Breaking it down and open,

following where it led, folding

four sides into two, a front and back,

I had my sides. Cardboard brown out

street-side. I like 2-sided signs.

I choose two Ukrainian women poets.

We Don’t have the right kind

of basement for our building,

from Anastasia Afanasieva.

From Halyna Kruk, And none

of us knew where the war zone

actually was, the scope of losses.

Part for the whole.

Hand-written, colored sharpies.

Blue and yellow markers.

From a new book of peace poems.

For the street. Coming and going.

I still hadn’t discovered the other side.

The inside. The inside would open

to four sides. The inside

contains the whole world.


Jim Bodeen

28 July 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment