SUNDAY MORNING ODETTA THE SAME THREE


SUNDAY MORNING SONG

            Come and go with me to that land
            Come and go with me
            Come and go with me to that land

Oh, Sunday Morning Song
O, Odetta,
It was faint at first
I ask, Who is that singing to me
I am walking to the bathroom
to brush my teeth
I have turned back the clock
and it is still dark
I'm going to ask the captain
Your voice so clear
Your bright voice
You so beautiful

She is so beautiful
O, freedom over me

Perhaps it was Bultmann's Letter to Barth
dated 11-15 November, 1952
that gives me this joy that one
giving me this joy
Maybe, too, maybe
it was Blind Willie Johnson
with that haunting backup singer
Angeline, his wife,
Can't nobody hide from God,
I'm listening to while riding my bicycle
Such possibility, such Jesus
Come and go with me, ride,
Sunday Morning is coming through

Jim Bodeen
3 November 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment