Chocolates in the New World














VALENTINE'S DAY APP

Books and chocolates
after the meal with Karen
Outlanders picked from list of movies
asking What's Outlander
Someone from another country outsider
we've been talking
about moat around a man's home
Karen says keeping people away
me suggesting threats come from invitations
I'm having another one Karen says
Claire in catacombs on table
opens her legs give me a bath
as husband goes down on her
Everything out of order
in the living room our daughters
call at different times we turn off movie
Are you going to get the mail I ask
There's nothing coming she says
is it a holiday no I have a new app
on my phone tells me what's coming
Even letters I ask Even letters
You have just taken from me
anticipation of pleasure I say
You have taken the pleasure of anticipation

Jim Bodeen
16 February 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment