ROB, THE WALKING STATEMENT

 















ROB,


This is a statement.

I did some research.


“There is no way I know of walking past the end of the road or singing

past the last silence. There’s only the way to walk while the light lasts

and the road lasts and the song lasts.”

Tom Lea in the Preface to The Brave Bulls, 1949.


“These are Mountain songs, Woman songs, Talking God songs, and songs

of Returning Home. These last songs are used in case the one-sung-over

has been a prisoner of war.”

Frank Mitchell, Navajo Blessingway Singer



I did some reading.

Pretty important Texas man.

I’m calling this walk

The Blessingway Walk

I came to it late

but it lifted me

when I was lost in it.

These many parts to the morning

before sunrise with candles.

You know all about candles.

I’m out there

before they turn off the streetlights.


Jim

29 November 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment