STAR-GODDESS COMPANIONS--RICH AND ALIESAN

 

MARCH LIGHT AFTER ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED


      A poem may be written in a moment

      but it does its work in time.

      Adrienne Rich “Forword,”

       --The Fact of a Doorframe


Walking the development with headphones

mountains in the west, its wind

where I peek into Goat Rocks on skis,

midweek, Women’s History Month,


Adrienne Rich asking, What

are you going through? The only question,

Jody Aliesan, the one I’m asking,

Jody and Adrienne, Milky Way


companions. I’m listening

through headphones. Thresholds

among stars beyond me, all

that arrives in sidewalk doorways.


Hilary Holladay’s rich biography.

Power of lies, secrets and silence. Story

older than God, Jody’s manuscript

sent from Canada in her last days,


saved in my study, True North /

Nord Vrai, altar in guest room.

Walking options. When confronted

by the culture, choose the mountain.


Jim Bodeen

22 March 2021




No comments:

Post a Comment