DON'T FALL! DON'T FALL!

BOB DYLAN AND LEONARD COHEN
SWINGING ON THE MOUNTAIN
THE DAY BEFORE WINTER SOLSTICE

     You want it darker? Leonard Cohen
      It's not dark yet, but it's getting there. Bob Dylan

The cars are plastic
and there is no key.
Keyless, clueless, blueless,
friends write.
Rocks and Mountains
don't fall on me
Live a humble
gospel man.

We were living foolishly today, friends.
Solstice mountain be mine 
with children, making fun of it all,
sweeping the mountain,
listening to Dylan
and those Gospel singers
from Muscle Shoals
in the late 70s. Want to let go
and I can't let go, like that
over and over.

Who wants watered down love?

Come home and shower
do my advent reading.
What a prayer from Shane Claiborne
invoking Harvey Cox.
I might put the whole damn prayer
in this poem and then on Facebook.
Let it happen. I'm not under
new management as much
as not being managed at all.

Jim Bodeen
18-24 December 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment