POEMS TO BURN

MOULDERING HEADBAND
FOR THE AUGUST MOON

Sing crumbling song
Soothe the throat
with some butterscotch

Jim Bodeen


THE MAN ON THE CORNER
WHO FLIES THE TRUMP FLAG
INCORRECTLY BELOW THE STARS AND STRIPES?

He's a hire.

Jim, you don't know that!

I do.

It was revealed.
I trust the source.

Jim Bodeen


THIS WAKING

He couldn't shake it
He couldn't make it be known
This hot parched burning

Jim Bodeen


AFTER A BICYCLE RIDE
EARLY SUNDAY MORNING

            "I'm so sorry you have a neighbor
    who flies the Trump flag." A friend

It's easier to drive by
the flag
than it is to enter
the sanctuary
and sit in the pew

Jim Bodeen


DREAMING THE SYLLABLE COUNT

I was there but I wasn't
I wasn't there but I was

The body is the bread of heaven
The place where God speaks

Jim Bodeen
August 3-8, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment