PUT THE BRACELET IN THE URN WITH THE ASHES

"SHALL NO MORE BE DONE?"
            --Laertes, Hamlet

This bracelet, made of Old Man's Beard,
by a child, put it in the urn
with my ashes, living word.
This is my life with children.

This is the full response to adults.
My necktie on Facebook.
I'm the empty chair at sit-down dinners.
Absent during the film discussion--

Dinner with André?
What did they discuss on MSNBC?
Hardball with Chris Matthews.
Each resistor resists for children.

Trees are nominated in all categories.
Lichen Ceremonies ask
who you listen to.

Jim Bodeen
12 March 2017




















WINDY MAN ON THE KEYBOARD

Talking with Karen earlier
at kitchen table while writing
post cards to the President
for the Ides of March--Boo!
scared you there, Mr. President,
ah, it's just me in Yakima--
My wife says, No, no, no.
I'm not sending any post cards
to him. I want to get back
into this country when I travel.

Jim Bodeen
14 March 2017










No comments:

Post a Comment