BLUEBERRIES AND DESIRE--EL DESEO Y ANORANZA






















AFTER ALL YOU'VE DONE

So many people to thank.
So many whys for gratefulness.
Even with snow melt and flooding.
I've been without blueberries

on my cereal for two weeks.
There's no place to hang up my phone,
but that's not really doing without.
It's Lent. I'm going to try

for the whole 40 days
without blueberries.
Don't worry.

Jim Bodeen
14 March 2017


SETTING OUT TO ACCOMPANY MIGRANT MINORS
DISCOVERING INSTEAD, HOW MIGRANT MINORS
ACCOMPANY OTHERS DURING THE LENTEN JOURNEY

"Do not deprive the alien or the fatherless of justice...
"No le niegues sus derechos al extranjero...
            Deuteronomio/Deuteronomy 24: 17

Having been uncertain of fathers
most all my life, a father came to be
what I wanted most to know.
That's how I started out, walking.

I found myself with others,
mostly women and children.
Not having anything to say,
I listened. Escuchaba, ¿Sabe?

Mostly, they told me what happened.
Mostly, it all sounded true.
What really hit home,
they sounded like what I felt.

This longing..la gran añoranza--el deseo.
Es para El Señor, no? To know a father's love?

Jim Bodeen
14 March 2017







No comments:

Post a Comment