TODOS UNIDOS, ALABARÉ A MI SEÑOR

SWEET, SWEET CHERRIES OF CAFFEINE

This coffee, Señor, this morning,
and places you've asked me to see for myself,
alabaré. For language, también, and how it happens, alabaré.
For your funky little church in El Salvador
causing such irritation in the justice system of the empire,
you've given me a place, my own little pew,
tribunal de justicia, where I can say Amen. Amén.
You have given me guides who steer me,
Señor, right to pride itself. Pride, Señor will squeeze
the judge himself in his swivel chair.

Somos pobres, ciertos, pero somos gente con agallas.
You've given me the courtroom of America, Señor,
where we adjourn until the appointed time,--
Tenemos en agallas. Guts, Lord, and spunk.
Hágase tu voluntad. You're penciled in, Señor.
No podemos llegar a un arreglo extrajudicial.
No settlement out of court this time. Buscamos asilo.
While we wait, Señor, sea con los que sufren
en este mundo de abajo. My eyes are yours.

Jim Bodeen
24 August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment